Gerster Paces Friday Must See Practice At Ace
ALTAMAHAW, N.C. – Brian Gerster led the way during Friday afternoon’s opening practice rounds for the Must See Racing Championships at North Carolina’s Ace Speedway.
Gerster, who unofficially eclipsed the current Ace track record of 13.22 seconds during open testing on Thursday, turned a best lap of 13.540 seconds (106.352 mph) with the No. 50 RAM Engineering Midwest sprinter for Dick Myers Racing in the second of two 15-minute sessions, amid the afternoon heat.
Second on the time sheets was the driver hoping to secure his fifth consecutive Must See Racing Sprint Car Series championship this weekend, Jimmy McCune. The Toledo, Ohio, driver posted a time of 13.653 seconds (105.471 mph) with his No. 88 Abe’s Auto Parts & Sales/B&B Machinery Movers/Rev-X Oil machine.
Following McCune was his season-long championship rival, Canadian Ryan Litt, at 13.717 seconds (104.979 mph) in the No. 07L Xtreme Metal Worx/BS&B Radiator Diablo.
Joe Liguori and Anthony McCune completed the top five.
The only incident of note occurred in first practice, when Tom Jewell got out of the groove in turn one and slapped the outside wall at the exit of the second corner, his second incident in the last two races.
Jewell was unhurt and his White Hare Racing team was able to repair the No. 7 mount for final practice.
Qualifying for the Must See Racing Sprint Car Series will roll off at 6:45 p.m.
PRACTICE RESULTS: Must See Racing Sprint Car Series; Ace Speedway; Oct. 18, 2019
- #50m – Brian Gerster, 13.540 seconds
- #88 – Jimmy McCune, 13.653 seconds
- #07 – Ryan Litt, 13.717 seconds
- #13 – Joe Liguori, 13.876 seconds
- #8 – Anthony McCune, 13.895 seconds
- #9s – Charlie Schultz, 13.947 seconds
- #26 – Jeff Bloom, 14.081 seconds
- #75c – Jerry Caryer, 14.241 seconds
- #17 – Bobby Komisarski, 14.407 seconds
- #8a – Adam Biltz, 14.484 seconds
- #81 – Johnny Petrozelle III, 14.584 seconds
- #72s – Joe Speakman, 14.625 seconds
- #7 – Tom Jewell, 14.749 seconds
- #85 – Rick Holley, 15.116 seconds
- #15 – Tim Henthorne, 15.250 seconds
- #51 – Joshua Sexton, 15.314 seconds
- #4 – Anthony Linkenhoker, 15.415 seconds
- #32 – Todd McQuillen, 15.789 seconds
- #74 – Ivan Shaver, 15.863 seconds
Series Announcer for Must See Racing